Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Why......WHY?!?

I love this time of year. The Fall...when the leaves turn, and it's not too cold, but not too hot. As we transition ourselves, and our wardrobes, there are those that just need....help.

Why?

WHY are people already wearing KNEE BOOTS in September on a day it's going to be 78 degrees??

WHYYYY?!

I know we're all buying them now...getting ready *peeking down the hall for my Zappos order* but WHY are they on your feet, WITH, may I add, a pair of TIGHTS?! I thought everyone transitioned gently....from sandals, to peep toes, to pumps with no stockings, to booties and boots? No? Is that wishful thinking?!

Anna Wintour I am not (and if you don't know who that is, close this gosh darn window, immediately!), but dadblame it, I have a smidge of fashion sense. So let me break down what I do...because, each one, teach one, right?!

Summer...it's obvious. Get your pedicures, and rock your sandals. But please, get YOUR size so there is no hangover on the front or the back. Men, the mandal...I just...can't....not in this post. *gag* From Summer into Fall, start transitioning to peep toes and slingbacks. As it gets cooler, go from those to pumps (toes IN when it hits 60 daggone degrees, PLEASE!) with no hosiery. From there, on to your booties and boots, with the appropriate hosiery. When it begins to get warmer in the Spring...do it the opposite way.

See?? Nice and simple! So, to the young lady I saw this morning that caused this post (and hey, the entire blog to appear), thanks....I think?! Bless your heart...I know your little legs were just sweating when we hit our high temp today, huh? Better luck next time!

1 comment:

Nicole McLean said...

I think some people just like boots. Period.

Sort of like little toddlers who want to wear their puddle jumpers every day.

They just want to. It is a compulsion.